With improvements in technology leading to a decrease in their price, smart phones have become nearly ubiquitous. Along with the expansion of smart phones there has been an explosion in the field of mobile app development. Following you will find many tips and tools for learning how to develop mobile apps.
One of the first things you will need to decide when beginning to develop a mobile app is what platform you want to develop the app for. Following is a list and brief description of the major platforms out there:
1) Android: Apps for Android are distributed in the market place of Google Play. One can create apps using Java for Android which you can do by downloading the free software development kit located at: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2) Apple IOS: Apple products and apps are very popular, however to use their software development program it will cost you $99.
3) Blackberry: On the blackberry platform there is a variety of ways to develop an app. A fee is required for every 10 apps you submit.
Now that you know the top 3 platforms for mobile apps it is a good time to consider some tools that may be useful to you as you learn to develop mobile apps.
1) AngularJS: AngularJS lets you take static HTML and make it powerful. This tool makes it possible for you to invent new HTML syntax to serve the needs of your application.
2) Enyo: Enyo is a good tool for cross-platform Web development. It includes flexible layout components for views and transitions.
There are many opportunities for those who have marketable skills in the field of mobile app development. Although there are many helpful tools available for beginners, many benefit from additional assistance. Below are some resources for learning more about mobile app development.
1) Skillshare.com: Skillshare is a website where for a small fee people with experience and skills in certain topics teach others in that topic. There are frequently brief courses offered in mobile app development.
3) Treehouse.com: Treehouse is a subscription based website that provides training and programming including information on developing mobile apps.
These are just a few of the resources available. Learn the basics of mobile app development and let your creativity flow.